Cracking The Cryptic
is a great YouTube channel for SuDoku solving tips - you can check it out here
Many of the videos feature Duncan's SuDoku Solver, so it is a great way to see it in action!
There is a FREE Virtual Puzzle Book for the Solver, called 'Cracking The Cryptic'
. This Puzzle Book grows - as new puzzles are made
available online, you can download them into the Puzzle Book and then follow along with how to solve them on the YouTube channel.
The Puzzle Book contains both Classic
SuDokus and with Version 12.0
of the Solver,
SuDokus that appear on the YouTube channel are also downloaded into the Puzzle Book.
There are direct links to relevant videos on the YouTube channel
logos in 'Virtual Puzzle Book' and 'List View' as well as on the main panel). If you already have a Cracking The Cryptic Puzzle Book,
follow the instructions below for 'downloading new puzzles' to update it with the links. So far there are links for the more recent puzzles, but links for
all puzzles in the Puzzle Book are being added - so remember to check for updates at regular intervals!
Instructions for installing the Puzzle Book
1. If you don't have the latest version of the Solver (18.104.22.168), un-install any previous versions and download the latest from the Download page here
2. Once the Solver is running, from the Tools menu select 'Licensing' then 'Cracking The Cryptic'.
3. When asked for your email address and license key, just enter 'FREE' in both cases.
Instructions for downloading new puzzles into the Puzzle Book
1. From the Toolbar (or Tools menu) select 'Virtual Puzzle Book' or 'List View'.
2. Navigate to your existing folder 'Cracking The Cryptic'. If you don't have such a folder, follow the installation instructions above.
3. Click the 'Download the latest SuDokus' button (the Globe button).